This guide will go into detail in buying Bitcoin anonymously by using a VPN service. Also, how to install NordVPN on Windows 10 and anonymous email providers
Did you know that it is a real bummer to buy Bitcoin anonymously although Bitcoin transactions can be used anonymously? Moreover, every transaction you do online, whether commercial or non-commercial leaves some trail behind. Therefore, to really protect your personal data, it’s very wise to take some decent measurements.
Happy for you there are some steps you can take to be really anonymous online without leaving some trail or being tracked by hackers. Also, it’s possible to buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin which this article will be about.
Before, we continue I’ll have to take the following into consideration: you already possess a wallet where the Bitcoin can be sent to after you have made the purchase. If not, to be as safe as possible, I would recommend you to use Ledger Nano X, as this is a very reliable hardware wallet which has proven to be secure over time.
Finally, I want to note that I write this guide with the intention to inform anyone in the best way to start buying Bitcoin anonymously or without ID. Therefore, I’m not responsible for your intentions or actions, so here we go!
Step 1: Create an anonymous email account
The first step would be to get a brand new email account which in this case is truly anonymous. When it comes to remaining anonymous online it starts with an email account. Anonymous email accounts offer the following services above regular ones like Outlook or Gmail:
- Automatic deletion of mail from a server
- Blocked ip-address
- Password Protection of your anonymous mail
- Minimal Personal Information
- Privacy! (This is what we want after all)
To start using an anonymous email account there are currently several services available for free. Additionally, you can sign up with giving as little personal information as possible e.g. username and password for logging in. Below the very easy signup screen at Protonmail which gives you full anonymity.
Step 2: Register at a VPN Service
The second step, would be to start using a VPN service that will keep you anonymous for every action you take online.
These days VPNs are really popular, but not for the reasons they were originally created. They originally were just a way to connect business networks together securely over the internet or allow you to access a business network from home.
How does a VPN Service work?
Basically, a VPN connects your PC, smartphone, or tablet to another computer (called a server) somewhere on the internet, and allows you to browse the internet using that computer’s internet connection. So if that server is in a different country, it will appear as if you are coming from that country, and you can potentially access things that you couldn’t normally.
So how does this help you? You can use a VPN service to:
- Bypass geographic restrictions on websites or streaming audio and video.
- Watch streaming media like Netflix and Hulu.
- Protect yourself from snooping on untrustworthy Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Gain at least some anonymity online by hiding your true location.
- Protect yourself from being logged while torrenting.
At the moment many companies are offering VPN services, however, the most reliable and popular one is NordVPN. In this guide, I’ll show you how to install and use NordVPN and finally buy Bitcoin with it.
In general, for setting up NordVPN on your local device it depends on what type of device you are running. For instance, NordVPN can be used on a laptop, desktop computer, tablet, or mobile device. Also, when you want to install this on your computer it also depends on what type of operating system you are running. Therefore, to install a VPN service and start using it you’ll have to follow some basic steps.
Steps to install NordVPN Service on Windows 10
Before we continue, I want to mention that in this example I’ll be using Windows as an operating system to install this VPN service on. However, if you are running on Linux you can find an installation manual here, or if you want to use it on Android, read this manual for Android Box.
- Open your web browser of choice, navigate to the , and click the VPN Apps link at the top middle of the page.
- Download the execution file. At the top of the page, you can see a ‘Download’ button that you have to click to start downloading to your local device.
- Open the installation file and double click to start the installation.
- Install the app. A prompt from Windows will appear on your screen asking you if you want NordVPN to make changes to your laptop, click yes to begin the installation. Choose where you want the app to install on your device and then you have the option to have a shortcut for NordVPN created on your desktop or in your Start menu. Once the installation is complete, NordVPN will launch.
- Login to your account. When you open NordVPN’s windows app for the first time, the app will ask you to login into your account. Type in your email and password and then click Sign In to begin using the service.
- Connect to a server. Now that NordVPN is up and running on your laptop, you’ll need to find a remote server to connect to. Also, if you’re in a hurry, you can click Quick connect at the bottom of the app and NordVPN will automatically connect you to a server. However, if you want to connect to a particular country, you’ll need to scroll down the column on the left side of the app and choose one. Alternatively, you can also find the country you want to connect to on the map in the middle of the app and click on the blue pin to connect.
Now you’re connected to NordVPN service you can safely continue to buy Bitcoin anonymously supported by NordVPN.
Step 3: Buy Bitcoin without signing up at a Centralized Exchange
The final step would be to acquire Bitcoin in an anonymous way with the VPN service running in the background. To enumerate, it is important to know that in these days it’s very easy to buy some new Bitcoin with fiat money. However, to do this a centralized cryptocurrency exchange like Binance, you need to go through an extensive KYC process first.
In other words, before using their platforms you need to give away your personal data which is not anonymous at all. How to avoid such an extensive sign up procedure?
Luckily for you, there are some platforms out there that offer you to buy Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency by signing up with just an email address. Great! So, at this moment we can use our Protonmail email account created in the first step of this guide 😀
Buy Bitcoin anonymously with Coinswitch
The first platform to buy Bitcoin without ID will be Coinswitch. This platform is one of my favorites because you can own Bitcoin in just minutes in a very secure way.
In particular, CoinSwitch works as a cryptocurrency exchange aggregator, gathering data from the most popular exchanges. In this way, it saves users the time and the effort they would need to put in to compare the rates on various exchanges.
Depending on the exchange you choose to use via CoinSwitch, you may not be charged an additional fee by the aggregator, and any fees are low. The platform is intuitive to use, but many would appreciate additional features.
Buy Bitcoin anonymously with Changelly
The second platform I want to mention is Changelly. At this platform, it’s also possible to sign up by just an email address without giving further personal data.
Basically, Changelly allows anonymity for its users and also acts as a bridge, narrowing the gap between users and major cryptocurrency exchanges. Because it does not require any verification, it is available worldwide with no geographical restrictions or limitations. A huge positive is that there are no limits, there is a minimum deposit to cover the network-fees of course, but apart from that, you can use Changelly as vigorously as you want to!
All in all, it’s totally up to you to decide which platform you decide to choose. Remember that buying Bitcoin anonymously means that you don’t create a wallet at their platform. In the end, after you have purchased Bitcoin, the coins will be sent to your local wallet immediately.
This extensive guide in buying Bitcoin anonymously has shown you the proper way to do this. If you perform these basic three steps you can be sure that you will acquire Bitcoin anonymously by using a VPN service. Also, by using an anonymous email provider you can be sure that it’s impossible for any hacker or spammer to be able to get to your private data. Take care!
Disclosure: This post could contain affiliate links. This means I may make a small commission if you make a purchase. This doesn’t cost you any more but it does help me to continue publishing cool and actual content about Bitcoin & Crypto – Thank you for your support!